Jackson Workplace Back Injury Lawyer
Your entire body relies upon the spine to provide stability, flexibility, and mobility, so the implications for your life may be extreme if you suffer back injuries at work. Unfortunately, data from the Mississippi Workers’ Compensation Commission (WCC) reveals that this type of trauma is common, and the lower back in particular suffers severely: At 11.3 percent of all claims, this part of the body is most frequently cited as the location of a work-related injury. Whether your work duties are light or on-the-job tasks require more physical strength, back injuries will impact your life.
At Keith B. French Law, we are dedicated to helping employees navigate the workers’ compensation process and get the benefits they deserve. Back injuries can be debilitating and even lead to permanent disability, so trust our team to handle tasks while you focus on recovery. For more information on your rights, please contact us to set up a free consultation with a Jackson workplace back injury lawyer. Some background may also be helpful.
Workplace Conditions Cause Back Injuries
There are many different work-related factors that can impair the vertebrae, muscles, ligaments, vertebrae, spinal discs, and connective tissue of the back. However, these injuries typically arise in one of two scenarios:
- Non-Accident Situations: The back can suffer harm as a result of non-strenuous activities which cause strain through repetitive motion, such as lifting, twisting, and bending. There can also be implications for the back when an employee spends the day sitting, standing, or hunched at a computer.
- On-the-Job Accidents: In some cases, the trauma to the back is caused by a sudden, unexpected incident like a workplace accident. Examples include falls from a height, being struck by an object, or work-related transportation collisions.
Challenges in the Workers’ Compensation Process
Some back injuries only affect the soft tissues, such as spinal discs, muscles, and ligaments. The damage is not as outwardly visible, and often does not appear to be serious in imaging tests. As a result, you could encounter obstacles in dealing with your employer’s workers’ comp insurer after suffering back injuries at work. The insurance company may contest your claim by:
- Disputing the severity of your injuries;
- Alleging you did not need time off;
- Arguing that your back injuries were the result of a pre-existing condition; or,
- Refusing to pay for treatment it considers unnecessary.
At Keith B. French Law, our Jackson workers’ compensation attorney is prepared for these challenges in seeking benefits for employees with back injuries. We will fight the insurer, but we are ready to take next legal steps to ensure coverage of your medical costs, wage reimbursement, disability, and other benefits.
Discuss Your Options with a Jackson Workplace Back Injuries Attorney
To learn more about the Mississippi workers’ comp process and benefits for individuals who suffer back injuries at work, please contact Keith B. French Law. You can call 601-983-2667 or visit us online to schedule a no-cost case evaluation. After reviewing your case, we can advise you and assist with next steps.